Stormwater-Mandated Permeable Pavers for Nashville Townhomes
Nashville is prone to flooding in the fall and spring months. The city is now making progress in controlling its floodwater in an eco-friendly way. In fact, Nashville is making a move towards totally eco-friendly paving techniques, and Smart Scapes LLC supports that transition fully.
Smart Scapes LLC is assisting in that process by designing and installing eco-friendly permeable pavers, pervious concrete, porous asphalt, permeable pavement, porous pavers, and other types of environmentally ethical paving systems. We use a combination of Belgard AquaBric pavers, Aqualine, Keystone, PaveDrain, Pavestone, and Unilock paving brands, all depending on the job at hand and the design styles requested by the client.
In this recent job, our hardscape designers and paver installation crew put together a permeable paver parking lot for a new townhome complex off of Dickerson Pike in North Nashville.
A New Permeable Paver Parking Lot for Nashville Townhomes
In this project, our hardscape designers and paver architects were able to put together a plan for a brand new permeable paver parking lot for new-built, modernistic-styled townhomes in North Nashville. These pavers were installed with fine-grit stone filled in the cracks between them, creating easy passageways for water to pass through the stone and into the ground beneath, just as nature intended.
We designed unique drainage patterns into the parking lot. These are patterns of stormwater diversion that will direct floodwaters into the permeable pavers, through the aggregate stone layers installed below the pavers, and finally, down into the soil beneath. This paver system is hugely beneficial to the property, as the builder no longer has to worry about taking up valuable ground space with rain gardens or water retention ponds. By using a permeable driveway and parking lot, the real estate developer was able to maximize his building apron during construction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? Searching Google for, “Best paving contractor near me” or, “Who does paving in Nashville?” or, “Nashville paving contractors” or, “commercial paving contractors”? Bring your search to a close and let Smart Scapes LLC help you realize the paving project of your dreams.
If you have any questions, feel free to call our office any time at (615) 422-5263 (LAND), or check out our FAQ below:
- Where can I install permeable pavers?
- Anywhere! Parking lots and driveways are the most common locations for permeable pavers, but these beauties also work great on walking paths, sidewalks, entryways, porches, patios, decks, etc.
- Should I use Belgard AquaBric pavers? Or should I use Pavestone?
- That is a good question, and it depends entirely on the form and function of the particular project. Different paver brands are better suited for various projects, and different brands will have varying aesthetics. Call our office at (615) 422-5263 (LAND) for a no-obligation consultation on the best paver brand to use for your project.
- How much weight can be placed on permeable pavers?
- We have yet to find an object, vehicle, or piece of machinery heavy enough to damage a permeable paver surface!
- How long does it take to install a permeable paver parking lot?
- That depends to some degree on the size of the job at hand. But our paving contractors at Smart Scape LLC endeavor to complete projects within 1-2 weeks.
- How long do permeable pavers last?
- Essentially indefinitely. These paving systems are designed to outlast their owners.
- How much do permeable pavers cost?
- The costs vary to some degree. It depends on the complexity of the job and which line of paver is being used. But on average, a porous paver project will cost 1.5X the cost of traditional paving methods. However, porous paving projects should be treated as investments. Such systems last far longer than conventional asphalt and concrete. They handle a property's stormwater without the need for rain gardens or water retention ponds.
Hire Smart Scapes LLC for Your Commercial Paving Project
Smart Scapes LLC has the goal of creating eco-friendly and environmentally ethical paving solutions all across Nashville. We are ready to help business owners and homeowners alike transition their properties to eco-friendly pavements. For a limited time only, Smart Scapes LLC is running a special on summer paving projects. Call our office today at (615) 422-5263 (LAND) to learn more and to schedule a free estimate or to take advantage of the sale.