Heavy rains for a few days and you suddenly notice a lake in your backyard, water puddled up around your foundation, yard stays soggy or your crawl space is flooded and you think what in the world is going on? Its poor yard drainage. There are several ways to improve this messy and potentially costly problem and our trained and experienced drainage team at Smart Scapes LLC is ready to come save the day.
There are several reasons for a home owner to address a poor yard drainage issue as soon as possible.
- Standing water on your foundation can cause interior leaking
- To protect your investment
- Interior leaking can cause damage to your walls and floors
- To avoid a soggy yard
- Grass that stays saturated does not grow well
- Standing water spots are messy and muddy
- Drainage problems in your garden will affect your production and growth
- Standing water attracts mosquitos
- Damp crawlspaces cause musty and moldy odor
- The air in your crawl space is circulated thru your home so if there is humidity in that air it is pulled up as well
We service Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin, Mount Juliet, Hendersonville, Murfreesboro and neighboring cities in Tennessee.
Give us a CALL: (615) 356-0139 or Fill out a form describing your interests.
Some of the Causes of Poor Yard Drainage Can Be:
- Soil composition: what the soil is made up of and can have too much or too little of the key ingredients
- Soil compaction: how loose or tight the dirt and rock are
- Poorly sloped yard: a yard sloped in a way that causes water to stand around the foundation instead of running off the yard correctly.
Things That Can Be Done to Help with Poor Yard Drainage and Waterproofing Issues:
- Correcting your soil composition. Correcting the balance between dirt and clay.
- Correcting the compaction of the soil in your problem area(s)
- Correcting your slope with grading
- Installing a French Drain
- Adding gutter downspouts with an extension going away from the house
- Waterproofing your basement
Waterproofing issues can be difficult to spot and even more difficult to solve. Each situation is unique. It is important to safeguard the basement area by ensuring that water can't make its way into your home through the foundations.
Some common basement waterproofing issues are:
- Musty, smelly odors
- Dampness or wetness on the basement wall
- Discoloration of the basement floor
- A pool of water
- If you see water leaking through cracks in the floor
If you have ever experienced leaking walls, floors or cracks in your basement, it is likely you will need the help of an experienced basement waterproofing contractor. Contact Smart Scapes LLC and say goodbye to a damp basement and hello to a dry and protected area.
Call Us Today! 615-356-0139